Pride Veterinary Centre has modern facilities and all the required instrumentation to allow us to perform a wide range of orthopaedic procedures to suit all sizes and shapes of pets.
A significant number of our cases consist of lameness investigations and suitable treatment, whether conservative or surgical.
Orthopaedic patients at Pride Veterinary Centre are treated by a dedicated team of clinicians and support staff and can be sure of receiving the highest possible standards of care. Within the hospital we have specialists in many disciplines ensuring the best possible decisions can be made for each case.
We prioritise animal welfare offering 24 hour intensive care under continuous veterinary supervision. Our wards are also staffed day and night with Vets and Nurses, ensuring patients are nursed back to health as soon as possible.
Orthopaedic surgery is performed in dedicated theatres with highly trained nursing staff. State-of-the-art facilities such as fluoroscopy, CT and MRI allow technical and complex procedures to be undertaken.
We believe that the best outcome is achieved through appropriate care in the post-operative period. Our in-house physiotherapy and hydrotherapy service works closely with the Orthopaedic Surgeons ensuring return to function is maximised for every orthopaedic patient.
While offering the highest standards, we recognise the importance of keeping our services affordable. We offer procedures with a fixed price ensuring transparency for our clients.
We routinely perform
- Cruciate ligament stabilisation (TPLO, TTA, TCWO)
- Corrective osteotomies
- And manage complex fractures and luxations, when needed under intra-operative fluoroscope
- Digital radiography and fluoroscopy
- 1.5T MRI and 16 slice CT scanner
- Musculoskeletal ultrasonography
- Force plate gait analysis
- Veterinary care provided 24 hours a day in intensive care
- In-house specialists in anaesthesia, neurology and soft tissue surgery to complement orthopaedic care
- Wide range of fracture repair systems available
- Diagnostic and surgical arthroscopy
- Multimodal approach to joint disease including surgery, pain management, rehabilitation, physiotherapy and stem cell therapy
- Hip Replacements
- Fracture Stabilisations
Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy
- ACPAT qualified physiotherapist
- Hydrotherapy pool and treadmill
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy and laser therapy
Shockwave therapy is one of the treatment modalities we have been increasingly using when dealing with specific musculoskeletal pathologies such as chronic bicipital tenosynovitis or patella tendinopathy. This is a non-invasive treatment option with excellent outcomes!
Post-operative Recovery & Physical Rehabilitation
Alongside our team's expertise we count with a dedicated and enthusiastic group of Chartered Physiotherapists and Hydrotherapists who play an invaluable role in our orthopaedic patient’s postoperative recovery and physical rehabilitation.
Meet the Orthopaedic & Spinal Surgery Team