Dog Blood Donation Day | 18 August
09 July 2018
Our next dog blood donation day will be held on Saturday 18th August at Pride Veterinary Centre, from 10am-4pm.
Register your place by contacting Megan at Pet Blood Bank.
Blood Donation Criteria
If your dog meets the following criteria, they are able to donate blood safely:
- Be in good general health
- Aged between 1 and 8
- Weigh over 25kg (55lbs) lean bodyweight
- Be up to date with their vaccinations (your dog cannot give blood up to 14 days after their annual booster vaccination)
- Not be taking certain medications
- Have no history of seizures, heart murmur or fainting episodes
- Have no history of overseas travel
- Have not received a blood transfusion
- Have a good temperament and can lie quietly for a tummy rub for 5-10 minutes while blood is being donated.
If you are unsure about eligibility, please contact pet blood bank who will be able to answer any queries.
Register Your Dog As A Blood Donor
To book an appointment slot, please contact Megan at Pet Blood Bank:
Call: 01509 232222
Alternatively you can complete the form below