Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy
Acupuncture treatment is administered by inserting very small needles into different areas of the skin. Usually the needles are not painful and are tolerated very well by most of our four legged patients. By inserting the needles a therapeutic stimulation of nerves and tissue is achieved locally, but this also results in a general positive effect on the whole body system.
It can be combined with any other treatment method, including medication prescribed by your veterinary surgeon, and has very few side effects. In the UK only veterinary surgeons are allowed to perform acupuncture on animals.
Methods of treatment:
- Classical acupuncture (Insertion of Needles)
- Moxibustion (Use of the herb Artemisia vulgaris to heat up certain acupuncture points)
- Electroacupuncture (use of a weak current for certain conditions such as paralysis)
- Aquapuncture (Injection of sterile water or homeopathic substances into certain acupuncture points)
- Ear acupuncture
- Laser acupuncture
- Neuraltherapy (injection of a local anaesthetic into certain acupuncture points)
Conditions that respond well to treatment include:
- Hip dysplasia
- Disc disease, spondylosis and spondylitis
- Strains and sprains
- Chronic skin conditions including lick granulomas, atopy
- Urinary and faecal incontinence
- Bladder paralysis after an RTA
- Neurological deficits following traumatic injury
All of the aforementioned facilities are located in the same facility which allows us to respond quickly to changing needs if a patient experiences problems or treatment needs to change as they recover. Delays in treatment caused by waiting for appointments or letters to be exchanged between different surgeries and centres can be avoided.
Dental Offer 2013
Until 31st December 2013, have your pet's routine dental work done for £150.00 (including VAT)* The offer includes:The dental procedureAnaesthesiaStay in the hospital on the day...
1/3 off dog coats
We are holding a pre-season coat sale. 1/3 off all dog coats at Pride Veterinary Centre* * While stocks last. Discount cannot be used in conjunction...