The ophthalmology service at Pride Veterinary Centre aims to provide a prompt and efficient referral service for a wide range of medical and surgical ocular conditions in small animals. In addition, the presence of on-site specialists in internal medicine, cardiorespiratory medicine, dermatology, soft tissue surgery, neurology and diagnostic imaging gives the benefit of a comprehensive approach to most conditions involving the eye.
The ophthalmology team includes:
An ophthalmology advice service is available to referring vets on email@example.com or telephone 01332 548911 to speak to Sue, Rui or John directly.
Sue Manning is a BVAS/KC/ISDS Eye panellist and owners wishing to arrange an eye test under the scheme may contact us directly to arrange this.
Our services include:
Complete ophthalmic examinations using:
- Slit lamp
- Direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy
- Ocular ultrasonography
- CT, MRI
Extraocular surgical procedures including:
- Parotid duct transposition
- Lacrimal punctal surgery
- Third eyelid surgery
- Nictitans gland replacement (“cherry eye”)
- Scroll cartilage correction
- Blepharoplastic / eyelid reconstructive surgery
- Corneal surgery (for perforations, lacerations, foreign bodies, sequestra and corneal ulcers) using a variety of grafting techniques as indicated
Intraocular surgical procedures including:
- Intracapsular lens extraction or phaco-lentectomy for lens luxation
- Cataract surgery by phacoemulsification with intraocular lens replacement
- Adjunctive automated vitrectomy and intraocular cautery if needed
Senior Pet Offer 2014
March 2014 is our Senior Pet Month SENIOR PET OFFERSenior Pet ConsultationSenior blood testUrine test
**OFFER PRICE - £49.00** Usual price is over £90.00 With a further 10% discount...
up to 50% off Christmas stock
Up to 50% off all our Christmas stock at Pride Veterinary Centre. Includes treats, toys and accessories*. Please visit our retail area at Pride Veterinary...