The Neurology/Neurosurgery Service provides diagnosis and treatment for any conditions associated with the neurological or neuromuscular system. Our highly qualified neurology service has experience in all aspects of small animal neurology.
Our highly qualified Neurology/Neurosurgery team includes:
Annette Wessmann DrMedVet DipECVN PGCertAcPrac FHEA MRCVS European Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Neurology
And a highly trained Clinical Nursing Team
Cutting-edge technology includes an on-site MRI. Our 1.5 T unit MRI gives detailed information about the nervous system providing speedy results to decide on the best and most appropriate treatment of each individual patient.
Our Neurology/Neurosurgery service has large experience in all types of neuro-surgical treatment. Dogs suffering from a disc herniation commonly have an excellent outcome with decompressive surgery. Other diseases including Wobbler disease, subarachnoid cyst, hydrocephalus, tumour resection or fracture repair can be challenging and require advanced specialist treatment as offered by the Pride Veterinary Centre.
Medical neurology presents in a variety of clinical signs including seizures, abnormal mentation, cranial nerve deficits or weakness. Neurology specialist service provides differentiation between central and peripheral lesions and in the base for choosing the appropriate diagnostic tool. This may include MRI investigations or cerebrospinal fluid tap where necessary for central lesions or specialised examination of the neuromuscular system with our electrodiagnostic equipment for peripheral lesions.
Post-operative rehabilitation is particularly important in our spinal patients and this is achieved by our on-site hydrotherapy suite and qualified Hydrotherapist and Physiotherapist. Highly experienced nursing staff and veterinary surgeons provide close monitoring 24/7.
Our dedicated neurology / neurosurgery service offers a free advice service including interpretations of radiographs or diagnostic tests independent from referral. A Neurology email advice service is available to referring vets on firstname.lastname@example.org or please phone on 01332 548911 to speak directly with a specialist.
Specialist neurological examinations
- Localisation of lesions
- Selection of appropriate diagnostic tests
- 1.5 T MRI scanner
- 16 slice CT scanner
- Ventral slot
- Dorsal laminectomy
- Wobbler syndrome management
- Foraminotomy for lumbosacral disease
- Spinal tumour management including resection
- Spinal fracture repair
- Spinal malformation such as subarachnoid cyst resection
- Inflammatory and infectious conditions of the spine and spinal cord
- Inflammatory and infectious conditions of the brain
- Brain tumour management including resection
- Chemotherapy for neoplastic and immune-mediated conditions
- Stroke and head trauma management
- Brain malformation management including ventriculo-peritoneal shunt placement for hydrocephalus
- Nerve conduction velocity
- Repetitive nerve stimulation
- Nerve and muscle biopsies
- Choice of diagnostic tests for specific neuromuscular diseases
- Hydrotherapy pool and underwater treadmill
- Qualified Hydrotherapist
- Qualified Physiotherapist
Dental Offer 2013
Until 31st December 2013, have your pet's routine dental work done for £150.00 (including VAT)* The offer includes:The dental procedureAnaesthesiaStay in the hospital on the day...
1/3 off dog coats
We are holding a pre-season coat sale. 1/3 off all dog coats at Pride Veterinary Centre* * While stocks last. Discount cannot be used in conjunction...