The Cardiology team see Cardiology cases as part of an integrated referral service. They work closely with clinicians in Diagnostic Imaging, Internal Medicine and Soft Tissue Surgery. There is a well-equipped Cardiology Suite allowing a coordinated investigation of cardiac disease.
The Cardiorespiratory Medicine team includes:
Malcolm Cobb MA VetMB PhD MBA DVC MRCVS Professor of Comparative Veterinary Medicine, University of Nottingham
Julie Todd BVMS CertVR CertVC MRCVS
The team also has access to the CT, MRI, digital radiography and fluoroscopy facilities in the Imaging Suite and the full range of Karl Storz rigid and flexible endoscopes in the Endoscopy Suite. Our Soft Tissue Surgeons are very experienced in managing the surgical aspects of cardiothoracic disease. We are also fortunate to have highly qualified nursing staff and a dedicated veterinary surgeon and nurse out-of hours team to closely monitor inpatients throughout the day and night.
The team offer a free Radiograph and ECG Reporting Service. Please send your images and ECGs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably in DICOM rather than JPEG format) or by post. Please also send relevant clinical notes and laboratory results. A cardiology email advice service is available to referring vets at the same address or please phone to speak to one of the team directly.
- Murmur evaluation
- Cardiovascular pre-anesthetic evaluation
- Assessment and treatment of congenital heart diseases (e.g. pulmonic stenosis, patent ductus arteriosus, ventricular septal defect, etc.)
- Assessment and treatment of acquired heart diseases (e.g. chronic degenerative valve disease, canine and feline cardiomyopathies, endocarditis etc.)
- Management of congestive heart failure (acute, chronic, refractory)
- Assessment and treatment of pericardial diseases (with the option of surgical treatment with our surgeons via thoracoscopy or thoracotomy)
- Assessment and treatment of arrhythmias, including pacemaker implantation
- Assessment and treatment of exercise intolerant and collapsing patients
- Assessment and treatment of respiratory diseases (including tracheal stent placement)
Diagnostic evaluations available on-site:
- Doppler and high definition oscillometric blood pressure monitoring
- Echocardiography (including Doppler, tissue Doppler, 4D)
- Telemetric electrocardiography
- Holter monitor recording
- Clinical pathology
- Computed Tomography
- Magnetic resonance imaging
25% off dental foods
During October 2016, you can get 25% off Hills and Royal Canin dental foods as part of our Pet Smile month. This is an offer to...
Pet Smile Month 2016
October 2016 is our Pet Smile Month. We have a number of offers to help make you and your pets smile!Full dental for your cat...