The ophthalmology service at Pride Veterinary Centre aims to provide a prompt and efficient referral service for a wide range of medical and surgical ocular conditions in small animals. In addition, the presence of on-site specialists in internal medicine, cardiorespiratory medicine, dermatology, soft tissue surgery, neurology and diagnostic imaging gives the benefit of a comprehensive approach to most conditions involving the eye.
The ophthalmology team includes:
Sue Manning BVSc (Hons) DVOphthal MRCVS
Pedro Malho DiplECVO CESVétOpht DVM MRCVS
Rui Oliveira DVM CertVOphthal MRCVS
John Turkington BVetMed MRCVS
An ophthalmology advice service is available to referring vets on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01332 548911 to speak to Sue, Pedro, Rui or John directly.
Sue Manning is a BVAS/KC/ISDS Eye panellist and owners wishing to arrange an eye test under the scheme may contact us directly to arrange this.
Our services include:
Complete ophthalmic examinations using:
- Slit lamp
- Direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy
- Ocular ultrasonography
- CT, MRI
Extraocular surgical procedures including:
- Parotid duct transposition
- Lacrimal punctal surgery
- Third eyelid surgery
- Nictitans gland replacement (“cherry eye”)
- Scroll cartilage correction
- Blepharoplastic / eyelid reconstructive surgery
- Corneal surgery (for perforations, lacerations, foreign bodies, sequestra and corneal ulcers) using a variety of grafting techniques as indicated
Intraocular surgical procedures including:
- Intracapsular lens extraction or phaco-lentectomy for lens luxation
- Cataract surgery by phacoemulsification with intraocular lens replacement
- Adjunctive automated vitrectomy and intraocular cautery if needed
25% off dental foods
During October 2016, you can get 25% off Hills and Royal Canin dental foods as part of our Pet Smile month. This is an offer to...
Pet Smile Month 2016
October 2016 is our Pet Smile Month. We have a number of offers to help make you and your pets smile!Full dental for your cat...